Saturday 07 August 2021, 10:00am - 01:00pm
Hits : 216
Contact 703-609-0499 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel
1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd
3 Rounds of Rated Chess
Saturday, August 7th at 10:00 am
- Location: Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel on 1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum, MD 21090
- 3 round Round-Robin tournament.
- USCF regular and quick rated. Time control: Game in 25 minutes with a 5-second delay.
- Saturday, August 7th, 10 am to approximately 1 pm.
- Entry fee: $30 on or before Tuesday 8/3, $35 on or before 8/6, $40 on Saturday 8/7 (on-site registration is allowed, registration for round one closes at 9:45 am on Saturday).
- PRIZES: Trophies to the winner of each four-person quad!
- We will have enough chess sets for all players. If you would like to use a clock, please bring one.
- Masks are required at all times at the hotel, including in the playing room and in the skittles room.
- For questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 703-609-0499.
A quad is a four-person round robin section in which all participants play each other once (three rounds). Our quads are open to all scholastic players in grades K-12, and each quad will be divided based on rating rather than grade. The advantage of quads is that players get the chance to compete against opponents with very similar USCF ratings. Since some players have been competing online during the pandemic, we will be using the higher of a player's USCF Regular and USCF Online Regular ratings for the purpose of diving players into groups. Depending on the exact number of registrations, the bottom section may have five, six, or seven players, in which case that section will be paired as a Swiss tournament.
REGISTER HERE: https://caissachess.net/online-registration/index/1116
Location Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel