Computer, WiFi, Zoom computer, WiFi, Zoom, Skype, chess.com
Instructor: Arkadiy Frenkel
Beginners will learn basic rules of the game. Intermediate/advanced will learn tactics and strategy. The instructor will also provide tricky riddles and math puzzles.
By the end of this course beginners will be able to play against each other, should know most of the chess basics. Intermediate/advanced kids will be able to know basic principles of opening and endgame and middle game principles.
Virtual Chess Camp Overview
The camp will run weekly for 2 hours on Monday’s (1st hour Beginner group, 2nd hour Intermediate group) and will include the same types of activities and lessons that students have become accustomed to over past years. Activities will include lectures, game reviews, puzzle solving competitions, as well as a variety of other fun chess activities!
We are limiting the camps to 20 students per each group in order to keep the groups small enough to ensure that students get individual attention, while keeping them large enough to keep the camps fun and social.
What tools do I need for this class?
1. Internet enabled computer with a microphone and webcam
2. Zoom meeting access
3. Free chess.com
How is the class conducted?
1. A zoom meeting link will be emailed out before the start of every class.
2. Students should use their names when joining the meeting instead of an alias, this will help the instructor know who to admit into the meeting.
3. Students will be able to engage with their instructor in real time
4. Chess instruction will be provided using chess.com where students will be able to interact with the instructor’s demo board (e.g. move pieces, solve problems)
5. Instructor will assign homework to be completed online
What can students do in the meeting?
1. Engage in interactive discussions with the instructor and other students
2. Interact with the chess.com demo board for problem solving exercises.