by John D. Rockefeller V
Congratulations to Maryland's Denker, Barber, Girl, & Senior 2018 Representatives:
- Sahil Sinha (2336), 11th grader at Poolesville HS, tied for 5th place at the Denker Tournament of HS Champions & received MD Chess's Denker Stipend of $750;
- Pieter Heesters (2228), 8th grader at Calvert S, tied for 22nd place at the Barber Tournament of K-8 Champions & received MD Chess's Barber Stipend of $750;
- Anushka Skariah (1104), 4th grader at Northfield ES, tied for 26th place at the National Girls Tournament of Champions & received MD Chess's National Girls Stipend of $750;
- MD's team of Denker, Barber, & Girls Representatives tied for 18th place;
- Stuart Varden (1870) tied for 30th place at the National Senior Tournament of Champions.
Click below for the Final Standings of the Denker, Barber, Girls, & Senior tournaments—& MD's team standings: